Basing each treatment on 25 years of experience and expert diagnostic evaluations, Dr. Smith often sees marked client improvements in a short time. She has a proven track record with clients who have found alternate treatment methods to be unsuccessful in overcoming issues related to brain injury, substance abuse, anxiety, depression, and stress.
Dr. Smith has been in private practice in Orinda, California, since 1997. She has extensive experience as a clinical director and counselor for adolescents and troubled youth. Dr. Smith taught Addiction Studies at John F. Kennedy University for five years. She has also taught the Bootcamp and Introductory courses for the Neurofield Neurotherapy system.
- DMH, University of California, San Francisco, 1985
- MS, Health and Medical Science, University of California, Berkeley, 1982
- BS, Biological Psychology, University of California, Davis, 1981
- Psychology License: PSY 12502
- BCIA-EEG (Biofeedback Certification International Alliance)
- Advanced Training in LENS Neurofeedback
- Qeeg-D (Diplomate in Quantitative EEG)
- Trainer with the NeuroMeditation Institute
- Neurofield Bootcamps and Advanced Trainings
- Nicholas Dogris, PhD, Bishop
- Jamie Moore, RN, Omaha
- Robert Thatcher, PhD, Florida
- Joel Lubar, PhD, Florida
- Jay Gunkelman, Suisun City (EEG Analysis)
- Dirk DeRitter, MD., New Zealand and the Netherlands
- Harry Kerasidis, MD, Maryland (Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury)
- Stress Therapy Solutions, Cleveland
- APED Applied Psychophysiology Education, Napa
- School of Neurotherapy, Santa Barbara
- LENS, Sebastopol
- MS, Counselling, Wright Institute
- BS, Psychology, University of San Francisco, with honors
- EEG Technician, in progress
Advanced Therapy Center has professional relationships with many professionals throughout the Bay Area and beyond – including psychologists, neuropsychologists, and other specialty providers. We often consult on cases and refer patients when appropriate.
Professionals who refer to us are psychologists, MDs, clergy, and other health professionals. We keep the referring source updated on their client’s progress to the extent the client allows. We love collaborating and sharing the skills of other professionals.