|MEET DR. CANDIA SMITH, DMH
Dr. Candia Smith is a licensed psychologist in private practice and the director of the Advanced Therapy Center (Orinda, CA).
She specializes in a highly effective combination of psychodynamic psychotherapy, integrative psychotherapy, LENS Neurofeedback, and Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR). Basing each treatment on 25 years of experience and expert diagnostic evaluations, Dr. Smith often sees marked client improvements in a very short period of time. She has an exceptional record of success with clients who have tried other methods without getting results in overcoming issues related to brain injury, substance abuse, anxiety, depression and stress.
- DMH in mental health*, University of California, San Francisco
- MS in health and medical sciences, University of California, Berkeley
- BS in biological psychology, University of California, Davis
- EMDR Certification from the EMDR International Association
- Certificate of proficiency in the treatment of alcohol and other psychoactive substance abuse from the American Psychological Association
- Advanced Training in LENS Neurofeedback
- BCIA-EEG (Biofeedback Certification International Alliance)
- Contra Costa Psychological Association (current president)
- California Psychological Association
- American Psychological Association
- EMDR International Association
- International Society of Neurofeedback and Research
Dr. Smith also has an excellent track record of making a difference with clients who have tried other methods and didn’t get the desired results including brain injury, and psychological issues such as substance abuse, anxiety, depression and stress.
Dr. Smith has a private practice in Orinda, CA.
She serves as the president of the Contra Costa Psychological association. Contra Costa Psychological Association –CCPA.
*The Doctorate in Mental Health degree developed by the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) and UC Berkeley (UCB) provided leading training in psychiatry, psychology and social work by combining a master of science degree in health and medical sciences (UCB) with a psychiatric residency (UCSF).
Dr. Smith studied with, and was supervised by nationally prominent psychoanalysts and clinicians, and completed thousands of hours of in-patient, crisis and outpatient clinical work. She says, “Every day, it’s an exciting honor to bring my knowledge and experience to my clinical practice.”